donderdag 25 september 2008

Visit of Brisbane Manly

Photo: The Manly Harbour in Brisbane is quite big, but no nice beaches here !

Photo: Queen street is very busy and cosy with shopping and dining people.

The last day in Brisbane today ! I go with Manuel to his work in CBD, and then I get myself a good strawberry muffing and coffee. I spend most of the morning in the internet cafe, to update some things and to see what is going on in Belgium and the stock market.

As I am hungry again, I take a wonderful Sushi box. Prices in Brisbane are much lower ! For the same foodbox I only pay here 10AUD (about 6 Euro) instead of 15 AUD in Sydney... Then I take the train to Manly. It is quite a trip because the train has to follow the banks of the river, until we get to the coastline. It takes about 1 hour to get there, and about 10 minutes walk to the harbour, which is very big. My instinct leads me to the East Coast Marina cafe, which was recommended by Manuel for its very fine food. Indeed the sardines were very tastful !

There I also find a map of the neighbourhood, and I see that I went the wrong way to find the beach. The beach there is not a big deal and artificial. Nobody is there. It is more a -slik en schorre- landscape, with a muddy look. Therefore I decide to take a an hour walk along the coastline. Finally I reach some kind of concrete very big seawater pool with loads of children. Luckily it is very warm but also very windy.

I go back after 16h, (sunset) to do some window shopping in Queen street. Louis Vuitton has an enormous store there on the corner. Australians are very fond of European brands !

Geen opmerkingen: