Good "dai". Today I go with Manuel to the centre of Brisbane, where he works as an architect. The trip from Redcliffe (a peninsula) to the city centre is about 1 hour. We need to go with the local bus to Sandgate, where we take the train to central. Today I also have my Ozzie haircut :-)
I plan to walk around the business district, crossing the Victoria bridge to the South bank. The South bank is a left-over of the world exhibition in 1988. There are several very big musea, a lovely waterfront promenade and a Nepalese pavilion. Unfortunately the weather is not that nice, actually it rains a bit, but nothing compared to Belgium. It is the very first time in about 5 years that they have a decent rain here and it is very good for the plants to get green again.
Very nice is also the free open swimming pool with artificial beach. Here you can have a swim and have a lovely outlook at the CBD skyline at the same time. But I decide to walk further to the botanical gardens. After lunch the weather clears up a bit again.
In the afternoon, I leave the city before it gets dark (around 18:00 it is black dark here) so I can find my way home all by myself.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten