zaterdag 20 september 2008

Time to get a sun-tan !

Photo: Redcliffe shore: many of the smaller cities around the coastline have these free parks with opportunities to have a free swim in the pool and have a nice barbie (BBQ). The BBQs are electric. Everybody takes so much care about everything: it is absolutely clean everywhere, even public toilets... This morning I have a very relaxing time here :-p

Photo: The nicely lit Treasury building, with several occasions to go out. A lot of international youngsters hang around here, but not really the gay scene.



This morning I stay at the beach in Redcliffe, to have a dip in the pool and to get some suntan. The weather is lovely again and we are close to 30 degrees. The temperatures are soft here during all the year around, ranging from 20 to 35 degrees. So it stays comfortable all the time without being too humid.

In the afternoon I check out gay life in Brisbane. Well actually it is quite limited. Only two bars, I went only to the Wickham. Like all Brisbane, it gave an old-fashioned look. They are really 20 years behind in this city. I did not like it so much, also because the mens toilet was like completely covered with mirrors, so you could see *everything* *everywhere* from *everybody* Jiw... So, I only had one coffee and decided not to go out here tonight.

Instead I was recommended to go to the Beat Club. Actually it was very good. It was a very strange atmosphere to have straight people, gay people, lesbians and transvestite all mixed together in the same place. But it works ! Everybody had fun in one of the 7 bars and 4 dancing rooms. I danced through the night because I could not get back by public transport. The party zone in Brisbane is really big and concentrated. It was like having the Gentse Feesten in one big street (Ann street around Chinatown). At 5:00 am in the morning everything closes. Had to wait until 6:22 to take the train back. Luckily Australians are so friendly that it is not difficult to start a conversation. Around 7:30 I directly took my breakfast at the oceanside in the sun and then went to home to sleep until 14:00.

Sunday will be a day of rest :-) :-) :-)

Geen opmerkingen: